19 March 2011

Double Feather Earrings

Fluorite and Unikite
As I'm getting ready for the Powwow, that is slowly creeping up on me, my mother send me a box full of little turkey feathers.  While they're not big enough to paint on, they're pretty enough to do some simple feather earrings.
Amethyst and Shell

 I've used surgical steel ear wire.  Half of the reason is convenience on my part and the other half is to help them be cost effective.
Rhodonite and Moonstone
I hope to do many, many more before the event.  They're quite a bit of fun to create, and they take considerable less concentration than my paintings!
Rose Quartz and Shell
 While most of these are meant to be sold as just the earrings, I may decide to make a matching necklace for the ones at the bottom; made out of turquoise and coral stones.
Turquoise and Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment