24 February 2013

A New Style of Clog

Replicating designs, as I mentioned in a previous post, has always been a huge challenge.  Painting the clogs in the more common style requires not only replication, but symmetry as close to perfection as possible.  To help myself work up to doing more elaborate designs I've started working on something a bit different.

Sometimes you can have a unified design without the direct implication of symmetry.  It gives a contrast between the two shoes, but this style of landscape makes it seem as if a whole painting was trimmed into shoes. They're enjoyable to do, gives me the challenge of replicating a design, but presents an opportunity to not be overwhelmed with challenge quite yet.  This also means that I'm more comfortable doing some more elaborate designs, like the osprey over there.  I'm looking forward to creating a few more with pelicans, seagulls, and a few other shore birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment