23 February 2011

Moonlight Serenity

While I haven't taken many photos of my jewelry work, I have found one of the pieces that I'm quite fond of.  There's moonstone, copper colored glass, metal leaves, sodalite, and a lovely clasp at the top.  I was given the large center piece by a friend that just didn't have the dexterity to bead anymore, and I really struggled for a long while with what to do with it.  It was just lovely, and I wanted to make sure that whatever I put with it accented it without overpowering it or making it look out of place.

The finished necklace feels very elegant to me.  The sodalite is a very calming and soothing stone.  While the moonstone can be energizing to some people, it's still a very feminine, silvery type energy.  All and all I'm very pleased with the way that this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment